Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Up and Onward

For the last four years I have poured myself into a full time education... one that my husband never thought I would complete.  Well, I showed him.  I will graduate in May, 2015 with a BS in Psychology and I have never felt more proud.  I have to confess, completion has surprised me a tad as well.  

For economical and family reasons, I cannot pursue Psychology at the Master's level.  It would entail leaving my home and family for the next few years and that is not an option for me.  However, I decided to take the world by storm, to follow the advice of Gandhi:  "In a gentle way, you can shake the world."  

I applied to the Masters of Social Work programEveryday the excitement mounts.  And now the icing on the cake; a letter of acceptance!
I will be a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) by May of 2017, barring any catastrophe or unexpected calamity.  Please, End-of-the-World, hold off!  

Some of what I've learned:

*You are never too old to dream - More importantly, you are NEVER too old to FOLLOW a dream!

*A life without a goal is hardly a life at all!

*If I can do this, ANYONE can!

"You have brains in your head.  

You have feet in your shoes. 

You can steer yourself any 

direction you choose."  Dr. Seuss

   


1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I am really excited for you and SO VERY PROUD. I really cannot imagine going back to school at our age and I think you are so brave and such a great example. I often think about it, but then immediately let the thought go as it is so scary. I also think the field you have chosen is so YOU. Love you bunches. - Dori -

    ReplyDelete