Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lost blogger returns!

I haven't blogged in so long, I've forgotten how!

I apologize.

My baby turned 13 yesterday.  The last of 5 teens I've had the privilege of borrowing from Heavenly Father to teach, enlighten, and guide through this earthly life.





Life with Gavin has been different.  As an older mother, I had more patience. I am more flexible.  I am a better communicator.  My older children probably think he is just "one spoilt brat!"  The truth is, I am different.  I am a much better mother with him than I was with them.  And I am sorry for that.  I am sorry that with my older children, I was young and quite stupid at times.  So many times, I wish I could go back and do things differently.  Unfortunately, that is not an option.  But, really, if I had done things different, I might not have this to prize:
This picture is fairly recent but there have been additions.  I love them all.  I'm so very proud of them.  They teach me life in ways I could have never imagined.


But today, I have another teenager.  I want to do this right.  I want to teach Gavin to be kind to all he meets.  I want Gavin to appreciate the good in everyone.  I want Gavin to love life and to live every minute fully.  He is such an incredible kid; full of happiness and vivacity.  He has truly been a very special gift from God.  I hope that, in my mothering, I never smother or diminish his spirit. 
Gavin is my person.

1 comment:

  1. Deb, you are so right. Sometimes I watch my daughter and son-in-law with their little girls and I want to say, "You know what? This isn't worth getting uptight about. It will pass"!!! :-) I know that if I had a child at home still I would be so different in so many ways! I'm glad you have Gavin in your old age (just kidding!!!). Seriously, I think you are extremely lucky to have him. Hugs and love... and KEEP BLOGGING!!!!! - Dori -

    ReplyDelete