Monday, April 18, 2016

Toxic Sludge

Toxic people scare me a little.  Not a physical fear... or a fear of danger or death.  But a toxic person can do more harm to one's soul than all the evil in the world.  I read something today.  "You either get bitter or you get better.  It's that simple.  You either take what has been dealt to you and allow it to make you a better person, or you allow it to tear you down.  The choice does not belong to fate, it belongs to you."  The author credited for this quote is Josh Shipp. 

Today a family member sent me horrible and atrocious messages via Facebook.  I was hurt and appalled.  They came out of the blue.  But I'm okay.  I'll survive.  I did not spend over 50 years on this planet for nothing.  I have faced toxic sludge before. 

What sent me reeling is when my daughter, who I love more than life, received much worse texts.  Someone said... well, he's probably drunk.  It does not matter.  No person anywhere at anytime has the right to say the kind of things he said.  Family or not, he has overstepped... 

I certainly have enough sludge in my gall-bladder.  I do not need the B.S. that he has brought to the table.  Be off with you!

I look forward to a better day tomorrow! 

"...Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction" Jacob 3:1


No comments:

Post a Comment