Thursday, January 5, 2012

Losing Casey















(Madison and Casey ~ 2011)







(Jadyn and Casey ~ 2009)


In September we lost a part of our family; a very large part. Casey, my beloved boxer, went to doggie heaven. It was a very sad time. In 2001, my four oldest children gave me Casey as a Valentine's gift. She was a very wonderful dog.




From the moment we brought Casey home, she was family. Being single at the time, she became my devoted companion. Although she was mine, she loved the kids with all her heart. She never had a mean bone in her body.






(Jarren and Casey ~ 2009)






In fact, the grandchildren could climb all over her and she never made a sound. She was Jarren's footstool. Even if he used the top of her head to climb onto the couch, she just let him... then she'd move on.







(Jadyn and Casey ~ 2008)



And above all else...
She became Gavin's best friend. They both entered our home in 2001 and they were truly devoted to each other. Sometimes she would chase Gavin down the hall, knock him over and nibble on the top of his head; Gavin giggling all the while. Boxers are so docile and loving.






(Gavin and Casey ~ 2008)
















(Gavin and Casey ~ 2009)















(Gavin and Casey 2011)


Although she was truly my dog... in every way, she loved the kids with all her heart. She wanted to be where they were. She loved the grandchildren as well as the family she had grown up and known her entire life. Today, she rests peacefully under the cottonwood tree in the back of the pasture. We've found a new dog that we are already learning to love. But, still, I miss Casey every day. I <3 you, my Casey dog!



(Casey 2008)


My Casey Dog
RIP
2000 - 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment